Karna is seeking a full-time mathematical statistician to support the CDC's Division of Health Care Statistics in Hyattsville, MD. The potential candidate must be familiar with ambulatory health care data to include surveys such as NHAMS & NAMCS, or other publicly available healthcare datasets.
- Processing of data
- Data Quality Checks
- Edit Processing
- Interpretation of Mathematical Specifications into SAS coding for purposes of creating national/state estimates of data
- Creation of SUDAAN variables
- Review of Singletons in data
- Creation of ASCII files for public use
- Creation and/or updating of data dictionaries
- Design and develop new mathematical statistical models, methods and/or techniques such as sample and survey designs for related data collection.
- Evaluate data resulting from application of mathematical statistic tools, model, method and techniques to the public health area.
- Apply and modify established methods, modeling techniques, and procedures in conducting analysis to improve sample surveys or experimental designs and to conduct evaluations of data collection, reduction and processing.