Karna is seeking an experienced Sr. Evaluation Specialist to conduct organized analytical assessments and evaluations to inform decision making, management, and administration of client processes. He or she will conduct project and program evaluations, programmatic needs assessments, strategic planning, training and technical assistance, and perform analyses, and monitoring and evaluations across a wide variety of domains, focusing on violence prevention (VP) efforts.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
• Evaluate a project or program’s concept and design to show potential short and long term effects;
• Conduct assessments of training and technical assessment needs for VP initiatives;
• Conduct visioning and ideation sessions to develop, refine, or evolve project/program goals, activities, and initiatives;
• Develop monitoring and evaluation plans for projects, programs, or research studies;
• Develop protocols for, conduct, and accurately and completely report on qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method data (e.g., structured, semi-structured, unstructured interviews, or focus groups, and surveys) with participants and/or stakeholders;
• Collect, collate, and synthesize data derived from (1) computer systems, (2) reports, (3) interviews, (4) publications, and (5) other sources;
• Demonstrate initiative in the assessment and review of science and management processes, and suggest improvements, if necessary;
• Develop organizational and operational plans;
• Analyze, summarize, code, stratify, and classify scientific and programmatic data contained within scientific literature, information systems, and databases related to public health;
• Identify ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information;
• Present outcomes, results, and impacts supporting the project/program;
• Support the synthesis and translation of VP research and guidance into actionable products and tools;
• Prepare, write, and edit reports that describe the results of project or program evaluations; and
• Provide recommendations related to the adequacy of organizational structures and organizational capacity to carry out responsibilities.
• A Master’s Degree in Public Health or related social sciences, PhD is preferred
• Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study design, and data analysis—in public health programs, preferably VP. Experience using rapid feedback evaluation is preferred.
• Superior quantitative and qualitative analysis capabilities.
• Experience using data management software or databases (e.g., SAS, SPSS, NVivo, REDCap)
• Experience developing results frameworks, logical/conceptual frameworks, or similar tools for project design
• Experience with training and capacity building in M&E skills among project team members, partners, and stakeholders preferred
• Advanced skills in MS Office Suite
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Previous DoD experience preferred