Karna is working to staff a temporary, full-time opening in support of a CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)/NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health) contract. This temp to perm position will offer a qualified candidate a great opportunity to work on a major public health project. If you meet the requirements of this announcement and possess the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, please apply soon.
Duties for the Healthcare Claims Processor include:
Benefits for permanent employees include: health/dental/vision, 401k, PTO, paid holidays, and a friendly (jeans every day!) office environment.
• HS Diploma required
• 2-5 years of medical claims processing experience
• Experience with medical coding to include, diagnosis coding and terminology
• Ability to multi-task and follow documented claims processes
• Capability to prioritize and organize work assignments to meet deadlines
• Position is centered on meeting quality and production claim adjudication objectives
• Able to work independently and as part of a team with little supervision
• Proficient with MS Office skills, particularly Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to make appropriate decisions based on the information presented
• Previous CDC/NIOSH experience strongly preferred
• Ability to obtain and maintain required clearance